TikTok has announced a new feature called Jump. Through this new option you can connect with external content from the screen where a video is displayed. but let’s explain better how it works.
Hence the name, a leap that adds ancillary information to what is shown on the screen. For example, a video showing how to make a cooking recipe, the Jump function would allow you to access the list of ingredients.
Unlike what happens on Instagram with the Swipe Up function, in TikTok Jumps it is not necessary for the user to have a minimum number of subscribers but indeed all users of this social network will be able to use this new function, albeit subject to an initial verification. process from the social network.
This is because, at least in the first phase, it is understood that it is a function more oriented towards professionals and companies or individuals who offer some type of product or service where it makes more sense to add that layer of additional information.
The only limitation is that at least for the moment it cannot be linked to any URL, but only access to services or platforms that offer compatibility with this feature will be available, which will not be very complicated since the requirements required by TikTok are limit the use of HTML 5.
Currently the services or platforms you can connect to are Breatwrk, Quizlet, StatMuse, Tabelog, Whish and Wikipedia, with the imminent incorporation of BuzzFeed, IRL, Jumprope and Watcha.
How to create a TikTok Jumps
So, to create a Jump in TikTok you will need to follow the following steps:
- Visit the specific page that TikTok has created to request registration for the service.
- Enter the product or service offered, adding information such as the website where it is offered, the number of visitors or users, etc.
- Once you have granted access to the feature, you can now record and upload the video you want to share in this way.
- When creating a new Jump it is necessary to fill in some basic fields with the information for each new publication, at the end of which the box to add the link will appear.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, choose the one that matches among the different services linked to the link you want to embed.
Once the process is complete, the link will already be embedded in the video, which can redirect traffic to the online store or place where you want to expand the information or offer the product or service linked to the video posted on TikTok.