After months of waiting, it is now available on WhatsApp to send photos that automatically disappear after being viewed. So you can use this novelty.
The day has come. You can now try WhatsApp to send photos and videos that automatically disappear after being viewed by the recipient, according to WABetaInfo. This feature, which can be used in both individual and group chats, is currently only available to those with access to the beta version of WhatsApp, i.e. beta testers.
This is one of the most anticipated features of the platform, which has been in development for more than a year. Next, we explain how to send these disappearing photos on WhatsApp and all the details on how it works that you should know.
How to send photos that disappear automatically on WhatsApp
First, in order to test sending disappearing photos, you need to be a WhatsApp tester, as this tool is currently only available in the beta version. If you are not yet signed up for the program, you can do so from the WhatsApp test page in the Google Play Store, although you may not be able to join because the testing program is already complete.
Once you have joined this program, you can download the WhatsApp Beta application on your smartphone and, in this way, test the photos that disappear automatically. This ephemeral content can be used in individual and group chats, and you should be aware that recipients can save it simply by capturing. Currently, WhatsApp will not notify you when users capture disappearing photos.
Just like disappearing messages, the same thing happens with temporary photos and videos. Note that the user who submits the photos may know if you have seen them or not, even if you have read receipts disabled. Also, if there are contacts in a group that you have blocked and you share this type of photo, they will be able to see them too.
Finally, if you send these disappearing photos to contacts who don’t have the feature enabled yet, they will still be able to see the image once. Taking these details into account, and with WhatsApp Beta installed on the mobile, let’s see step by step how to send photos and videos that disappear on WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp and enter the chat to which you want to send the photo that will disappear after being viewed.
- Open the gallery and select the photo you want to send. You can also open the camera to take the photo right away.
- In the image editing screen, to the right of “Add a comment …”, click the circular button with a 1 in the center. This way you will configure that this photo can only be seen once. This button will be colored green to confirm that the function is activated.
- Before sending it, WhatsApp will show you a warning informing you that the photo or video will disappear after being opened by the recipient. Also, it reminds you that users can take screenshots. Click “Ok” to confirm you know these details.
- Click the send button and voila, you will have already sent the first disappearing photo or video.
The disappearing photos and videos are now available to all users of WhatsApp Beta for Android. If it hasn’t reached your app yet, you just have to wait a few days for the next updates with this tool. It will soon reach WhatsApp testers on iOS as well.